Randle Engineering are looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer to join their growing, forward-thinking team of engineers that deliver consultancy services to a global cross-sector customer base.
Projects span a diverse range of sectors from automotive to medical ensuring Randle Engineering is an exciting and intellectually rewarding place to work.
The successful applicant for this role with a be an experienced Mechanical Engineer capable of applying a range of skills to solve challenging problems with a desire to work from first principles and with a strong attention to detail. Whilst this role is biased towards systems & component design the successful candidate will need to be a well-rounded engineer capable of turning their hand to other elements of our engineering offering when required (e.g. simulation/modelling).
Main function of the role
- CAD design, FE Analysis, detailed design, supporting analyses
- Multi-body systems analysis, simulation, math modelling
- Deliver engineering solutions for customers as part of a team or individually
- High quality report writing and presentation preparation with delivery to clients
- Customer liaison and project management
- Supplier engagement and management
- Ability and desire to work on projects across different sectors
- Rigorous, self-motivated & keen to learn
- Engineering design – concepts, prototypes & production ready designs
- CAD design (such as Catia, Ideas, SolidWorks etc.)
- FEA (such as SolidWorks Simulation, Pro Mechanica or others)
- Understanding of first principles calculations to preface, back up & reinforce simulation results (e.g. hand calculations, Excel)
- Multi-body systems analysis (such as MSC ADAMS, Pro Mechanica, SolidWorks Simulation)
- Simulation and Math modelling (such as Matlab/Simulink, Excel)
- Qualified to at least degree level (2:1 or above)
- Strong A levels – Maths and Physics are critical