Competitive package, full time based in Warwick
Due to recent successful projects and company expansion new position(s) have become available for a Graduate Mechanical Engineer(s) to join our team in our offices in Warwick.
Randle Engineering, established in 1994, is a design and development consultancy specialising in the application of core engineering principals to solve complex problems. Originally with a chassis and suspension bias, successful projects now cover cross sector expertise including automotive, off-road, motorsport, commercial, amphibious and military through to surgical and agricultural robots, advanced groundwork applications and landing gear.
The successful applicant(s) would receive internal training as required and mentoring from the experienced engineering team with the goal of developing them into a highly competent multi-disciplined engineer(s) in areas such as concept design, detailed design, FEA, multi-body analysis, math modelling, project management, time and budget management and customer facing liaison.
A key aspect of the role is demonstrating a ‘first principles’ approach to problem solving and rigour in everything you do, meaning each design or model begins in its simplest possible form, to ensure a thorough understanding develops along with the work.
This position reports to the Chief Technical Officer and the applicant would be responsible for managing their own deliverables and projects. There is also a requirement for liaising with customers and suppliers and maintaining business relationships.
Main function of the role
- Activities include – First principles design, CAD design, FE Analysis, Detailed design, Multi body modelling, Simulation/Math modelling
- Developing and understanding other areas that impact on designs to sufficientlevel to control suppliers and understand issues (e.g. hydraulics, electronics etc.)
- Maintaining documentation and records to exceptionally high standards
- Drawings and release and issue control
- High quality report writing and presentation preparation and delivery to clients management and continuing relationship beyond project completion
- Supplier liaison (from introduction, through quoting to prototype supplier management and continuing relationship beyond project completion as required by customer)
Experience and Qualifications
- Qualified to at least degree level (2:1 or above) preferably a Masters or second degree
- Very good A levels in Maths, Physics and ideally Further Maths and another subject e.g. chemistry
- Understanding of first principles calculations to preface, back up and reinforce simulation results (e.g. hand calculations, Excel, Matlab)
- Ideally extra-curricular experience of engineering in some form, whether as a hobby or work experience or otherwise
- Rigorous – this is highly important
- Self-motivated and keen to learn
Ideally some elements of;
- Engineering design – concepts, prototypes and production ready designs
- CAD design (such as Catia, Ideas, SolidWorks etc.)
- Multi-body analysis (such as MSC ADAMS, Pro Mechanica, SolidWorks Simulation)
- Structural, Modal, Kinematic, Compliant analysis capability
- FEA (such as SolidWorks Simulation, Pro Mechanica or others)
We can offer you
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Your pension – Standard scheme 5% employee contribution (can be increased) and 3% employer
- Your holiday – 25 days holiday (in addition to 8 public holidays)
- Your health – Private health care plan (with the option to increase to family cover at an increased premium)
- Your destination – Free parking, cycle to work scheme, company car scheme
- Your security – Income protection and death in service cover
- Your community – Annual away days and company socials