Outline job description
Originally focussed on ground vehicle design, Randle Engineering now provides cutting edge design & simulation services to a whole variety of sectors, from aerospace, defence and construction through to the robotics and medical sectors too; our rigorous, first principles-based approach allows us to solve any problem that requires holistic, robust engineering and add value to our customers projects globally. This provides fantastic project, customer and component scale diversity for our team, with customers ranging from supercar manufacturers to global construction vehicle OEMs to future farming and medical robotic devices start-ups.
The company has grown organically during its 29-year history, with our rigour and attention to detail securing a loyal base of both repeat customers and new ventures; we are now embarking on the next stage in its development; to support this, the Chief Strategy Officer is looking for a proactive, dynamic, and organised team member to manage our Business Development activities.
As our Business Development Manager you will be responsible for developing opportunities with new and existing customers, by proactively growing our network and co-ordinating our existing team. You will need to have a technical background and a successful track record developing business in a comparable field. A strategic mindset and the ability to communicate effectively are also critical.
We can offer a hybrid mix of office and home working, a competitive package and an exciting working environment. Travel within the UK and occasionally overseas will be required to meet the needs of the role.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- Business Development team management
- Drive the team to deliver on sales targets as the business progresses through a period of targeted growth.
- Curate pipeline forecast & analyse performance, reporting regularly to the senior leadership team.
- Continually develop & optimise internal processes.
- Lead generation
- Generate and maintain successful relationships with customers and key industry figures.
- Develop the Randle Engineering brand by networking at industry events and conferences.
- Conduct research to identify appropriate new leads and potential new clients.
- Develop our marketing strategy across key platforms and work with team members and external suppliers to successfully implement.
- Maximise the benefits of our corporate memberships.
- Create and develop company sales materials.
- Lead conversion
- Oversee the creation of proposals in conjunction with the Engineering team.
- Negotiate contracts and commercial terms.
- Work closely with our Programme Manager to ensure projects are successfully kicked-off.
Qualifications & experience required
Successful track record developing business opportunities in a comparable field.
Degree level qualified with a technical background.
Experience coordinating and motivating a team.
Ability to understand customer needs and distil requirements into compelling proposals.
Confident communication at all levels.
Proactive & organised with attention to detail.
Curiosity and self-motivated desire to learn and develop with the growing business.
We can offer you
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Your pension – Standard scheme 5% employee contribution (can be increased) and 3% employer
- Your holiday – 25 days holiday (in addition to 8 public holidays)
- Your health – Private health care plan (with the option to increase to family cover at an increased premium)
- Your destination – Free parking, cycle to work scheme, company car scheme
- Your security – Income protection and death in service cover
- Your community – Annual away days and company socials
- Hybrid, flexible working arrangements