Motor Coach Industries of Winnipeg, Canada currently supply about 70% of the North American tour coach market. To protect their position, they have developed an all-new product to completely replace their existing design, for which Randle supplied suspension and steering system design concepts for all three axles.
Kinematic and dynamic analysis, to optimise the ride and handling of the coach. Additional air volumes were also used in series with the suspension air springs, in the quest for improved passenger comfort. The work also extended to running the ride and handling test and development program, and assisting with modal and NVH improvement in other areas of the vehicle.
Novel front suspension linkage devised, now jointly patented by MCI and Randle.
Current opinion indicates that the 'Renaissance' coach is the new class leader in ride comfort and handling precision.
- "Emergency Lane Change" pass speed increased from 86kph to 104kph
- Anti-dive geometry with zero ‘heave’ steer
- Incorporated ZF Rear Axle Steer System
- Patented front axle suspension system
- Redefined standards in comfort and handling
- Passive steer incorporated
- Primary pitch frequency reduced from 1.1Hz to 0.8Hz