Bentley Motors commissioned Randle to develop concept proposals for a mounting system improve the noise isolation properties of the Bentley Arnage driveline, and to eliminate the driveline shunt resulting from a new high-torque power unit.
- Devise an entirely new method for mounting the final drive.
- Re-engineering the rear subframe to accommodate the new final drive unit and higher torques
- Redesigning the final drive casing to incorporate the new mounting system
- Conducting all of the necessary FEA and modal work to ensure a successful result
The successful completion of the analysis work resulted in Randle being awarded the contract to production engineer the chosen solution.
- Minimal tooling costs
- Significant noise level reductions
- Concept creation for new axle isolation system
- Subframe and axle casing redesigned
- Driveline shunt eliminated
- Comprehensive stress and modal analysis
- Concept to production within the 9 months available